Saturday, April 26, 2014

Katie's Birthday Dinner at Mama Iguana's

Until this past Wednesday, I had never stepped foot inside the crowded Mama Iguana's restaurant in Northampton. It looked popular, there were always people crowding the sidewalk tables, but something about the over-the-top stereotypical Mexican window decorations put me off.
 
Never-the-less, for my friend Katie's birthday, we decided to go. I was wary, but excited, Mexican food is one of my favorites and I had whole heartedly supported her choice of cuisine. We were looking for something authentic, low key, and delicious. That is exactly what we got. As an added plus the inside is so much prettier then I expected.
 
 
The tortilla chips came quickly to the table, brought by a very cute waiter, and tasted homemade, paired with a delicious spicy salsa.

Lily and I split the vegetable fajitas, which came out on a sizzling plate, complete with rice and beans, flour tortillas, sour cream and cheese (omitted due to Lily's veganism and the fact that I am not a fan of either on fajitas), and salsa. Fun to put together, and easy to split, it was a great choice. Our friend Molly, who is a connoisseur of Mexican food, even confirmed its authentic taste.

 
It was a delicious meal, with wonderful people, and it ended with one very happy birthday girl.
 


2 comments:

  1. Those pictures make me want Mexican food right now. Glad you had a happy birthday celebration! I am defs in need of something spicy for my palate soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable picture of Katie :) the food was indeed delicious!!

    ReplyDelete