Saturday, March 29, 2014

Cottage Cheese and Banana on Toast

Anyone who knows me remotely well, or even just sits near me at meal times, will tell you how much I adore routine. Pretty much any routine is great, but my favorite is breakfast. Almost every morning I have cottage cheese and banana on toast. I've tried to say I will mix it up, but I always decide not to last minute. Granted, it takes me about 15 minutes to put this together, but I'm slow, and its worth it every time.

Cottage Cheese and Banana on Toast (It is as easy as it sounds):

You need:
a banana
two slices of toast (I use whole wheat)
cottage cheese
cinnamon

  1. Toast both slices until they are a dark brown, extra crispy.
  2. Put two hearty spoonful's of cottage cheese on each slice and spread it around evenly. I like it when the cottage cheese is right out of the refrigerator, so it's nice and cold.
  3. Sprinkle some cinnamon (not cinnamon sugar, just good ol' cinnamon) on top.
  4. Slice the banana and layer it on top of the cottage cheese.
  5. Sprinkle some more cinnamon on the banana.
  6. Slice each piece of toast in half (Not mandatory, just something I like to do).
  7. Enjoy!
Bonus: This keeps you full until lunch, guaranteed.


1 comment:

  1. I saw banana and expected this have been written by Hannah!
    I love foods/dishes that incorporate simple, basic ingredients in new combinations... all it takes is someone who can take time to look at something differently (or boredom, or desperation.)

    I was thinking the other day why breakfast food and breakfast time is often so routine, calculated and ... ritual like (?) for many people, myself included. I like every breakfast to be just like the morning before and have the same food, in the same order.. but during no other meal do I have these sort of conditions or expectations.

    ReplyDelete