Sunday, March 2, 2014

Perfect place to spend a drizzling afternoon

Every time it rains, I always want to go somewhere cozy and drink something warm. So when started raining last Friday, I decided to go to Debora Tea, a teahouse on Main Street that had been highly recommended by several friends.

As soon as I opened the door of Debora Tea, I was attracted by its exotic decorations. Bohemian rugs, Buddha statue, cushions on the floor… make it different from any place else in Northampton. The waitress warmly welcomed us to a window seat and gave us the menu, which contains description, brief history and pictures of every kind of tea in its endless selection.





       After skimming the almost a-hundred-page menu, I surprisingly founded that except from various tea options, they even have Daifuku Mochi, my long-time favorite Japanese dessert. So I rang the bell (yes, they have small bells for us to ring when we are ready for service) and ordered a Mochi and Lychee black tea. The tea was served with handmade pottery on a wooden plate, which gave it an olde worlde feel. The fruitiness of lychee provided the black tea with a refreshing taste. However, without adding sugar, the tea might be a little bit too bitter. But with a bite of sweet red bean mochi, it’s just perfect.





6 comments:

  1. Dobra Tea is fantastic! I went here with my dad and we stayed two hours longer then expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so beautiful! I've been itching to go here, and I definitely will now that I know they serve mochi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go there and think I will! The pictures you took look beautiful and make the restaurant look so inviting and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos!
    I've been thinking about trying Dobra Tea ever since it opened, but I always find myself at the Northampton cafés I've already been to. I will definitely go to Dobra tomorrow and try it out. I love tea houses that offer an extensive menu; I get so bored with these places and their plain Jane tea selections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I should be more interested in the tea, but I have never seen sweet red bean mochi. I'm curious to know what is on their food menu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Dobra. I wrote a 12-page term paper in the cozy, tea-filled cocoon of that establishment. It makes me so glad I go to college in a town where a business of that style could thrive - I know that if that place opened up anywhere in my state it would be out of business in a matter of months but Northampton folk go wild for it.

    ReplyDelete