Monday, March 17, 2014

I Can't Stop Thinking About Bananas

Banana art-- only on spring break.
I'm writing about bananas for the research paper, and I cannot stop thinking about them. It doesn't help that, without the paper, I can eat up to five bananas a day. Swimmers hail the banana as a magical anti-cramp fruit loaded with potassium. I love bananas.

One slice left of the "pie".
This was gone shortly after.
Needless to say that I, like Rebecca, felt the urge to celebrate pi day. One of the articles I cited contains a Banana Cream Pie recipe. (This is a bonus of researching bananas, I guess).
Also, as this is a research paper, I had to test the validity of the sources I was using somehow. This seemed like an exceptionally valid way to verify.

The recipe is available here, but don't read the article itself too carefully– I need to keep some things unknown so that you all will learn something from my paper.

I used three bananas. The crust is crushed Cinnamon Puffins cereal (instead of the cookies requested in the recipe) with the amount of butter specified in the recipe.

Also, I used a springform cake pan instead of a pie dish.

In the end, the pie was yummerooni and not too sweet since Puffins aren't too sweet. The recipe on the website also has reduced sugar from whatever recipe they drew from originally. Ultimately, I was happy and my peers and I had a very happy pi day.
Today's banana count: 2.5

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely capable of eating three bananas a day. They're perfect in oatmeal, on toast, or as an after dinner snack! Also, they're great in vegan recipes when you need an egg-replacer in a pinch. I can't wait to read your paper and learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Also, as this is a research paper, I had to test the validity of the sources I was using somehow." Amusing!
    I also made banana cream pudding (no crust at home and I refuse to make my own so I left it as a pudding!) over spring break! What state were your bananas in when you added them into the mixture? (Ripe, spotted-brown, mostly brown?)

    ReplyDelete