Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pi(e) Day!

Thought you all might appreciate the most recent post on my personal cooking blog...it's a couple days late, but still worth it to celebrate Pi Day!




You guys! Pi day has finally arrived! It's March 14, aka 3.14, aka the same numbers as the first few digits of Pi (π). For those of you who are perhaps not super into math like I am (#jklol) Pi is a mathematical constant, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, and approximately equal to 3.14159. (Now there's no need to look it up on Wikipedia, that's certainly not where I got this succinct definition..) So naturally, we in the baking world like to equate this mathematical phenomenon to that rad dessert most people are always too lazy to make from scratch. Aaaanyway, what better way to celebrate than to share some awesome pie recipes?! If I were a good blogger, I'd have remembered that Pi Day was coming up and prepped a special recipe post just for today, but alas, college is a thing and I love making excuses. Really, I'll do anything to make excuses and subsequently complain about them for extended periods of time. It's why I have so many friends and suitors. However, next year, I fully intend to have an major party for Pi Day starting at 9:26pm, as it will be 3.14.15 ('cause π = 3.1415926 get it???) You're all invited! I mean it, I actually am going to have an apartment (*and kitchen*) for my last year of college- no more radiator quesadillas for this girl!



Okay, let's have some pie.

Combat the explaination's history lesson with a big slice of Lemon Chess Pie


Going with the theme of pies that can also be retro paint colors dig into this (Kinda Key) Lime Pie

Dye your teeth a lovely shade of indigo with a piece of Blueberry Crumb Pie


Don't knock frozen fruit till you've tried it in Latticed Peach Raspberry Pie 



2 comments:

  1. I love everything pie, and continuing with my obsession of vegan baking it is so easy to make pie vegan! The only non-vegan element is usually butter, and coconut-oil is divine in pie crusts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pie lover as well, and that blueberry one looked divine! But your radiator quesadillas are equally intriguing, perhaps another post for another day?

    ReplyDelete