Sunday, March 9, 2014

Raspberry Linzer Torte

Although I don't have a huge sweet tooth like the rest of my family does, raspberry linzer torte is something I could eat at any meal of the day. 
I used to sit in my parents' kitchen for their catering/wholesale foods business and watch my mom bust out about 20 of these bad boys in an afternoon. The dough for this torte is absolutely delicious. Of course I would get scolded for eating too much of it (raw eggs and all), but I know my mom silently agrees with me. 

Raspberry Linzer Torte

2 9" tarts

DOUGH: 

Proccess 2 c. walnuts fine

Mix together: 
3 c. flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 c. fine walnuts

Beat w/ paddle 3/4 lbs. butter, scrape often
Add: 
2 c. sugar
2 eggs

Then add flour mix

ASSEMBLY: 

Spray 2 tart pans with removable bottoms
Press dough into fluted sides and bottom 

Mix in stainless bowl with whisk: 
1 1/2 c. raspberry jam
1 1/2 c. plum jam or red currant jelly

Divide jam equally in tarts 
Roll out ropes of dough, 6 each tart, 3 horizontal and 3 vertical, pinch off ends
Sprinkle with sliced almonds

Bake at 375 for 60 minutes 


3 comments:

  1. I'm looking around my kitchen and realizing I could totally make one of these RIGHT NOW. I probably should, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, so delicious. The one pictured looks flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful but as it's a recipe that involves making and assembling the dough- I know I would never be able to succeed in recreating it!

    ReplyDelete