Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dirty Ginger Chai Latté

That title sure is a mouthful, isn't it? Well, I can assure you the adjectives are worth it. This is a loaded beverage. You're getting spice from the Chai, a little kick from the ginger, and a strong wake up call from the espresso. This is a drink for the ice-cold winter mornings where getting out of bed actually seems harder than running a 10k in stilettos. It's also perfectly acceptable to make this drink and then get back into said bed. I don't judge, I just cook.

Latté (serves 1)
- 1 cup Spiced Chai Tea (that recipe makes 3-4 servings, so just hang on to the extras for tomorrow!), but if you don't feel like making your own, chai from concentrate works too
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. ground ginger (or 1/2 shot ginger syrup if you're looking for something sweeter)
- 1 shot espresso
-1/2 cup steamed milk
Heat your tea on medium low and with a whisk dissolve the ginger. Pull your espresso shot and heat the milk. Pour the coffee into a mug, then add the tea and top with milk. Yum!



9 comments:

  1. I love the analogy to running a 10k in stilettos! I was never really a big fan of ginger, but just a little kick from the ginger sounds perfect. I will definitely be making this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tone in that first paragraph was spot on- it made me wish there'd been a little more writing before you got to the recipe. Also, speaking of the recipe, this sounds like it would keep me up for days, so I'm definitely keeping it in mind for when midterms come around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your intro to the recipe! Like Jennifer, I can't wait to try this when midterms roll around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always order a dirty chai at coffee places, but maybe I can save money slash the walking time with this recipe! I also especially like the last line, "I don't judge, I just cook".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love chai lattes. I would have one every morning if my I were allowed. I loved the introduction to the recipe: short and sweet. Maybe talk a little about why YOU love chai lattes so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would gladly wake up to one of those lattes every morning. It would require me to find some way to cook it, as I live in a house with no kitchen. I could fathom keeping all the necessary ingredients in a fridge and then heating them in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just to echo what's been said, fantastic last line. I'm a huge fan of chai so I will definitely be trying this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds SO good. Dirty chais are my absolute favorite, and this recipe really mixes it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first time I heard of a "dirty" anything was when I visited Northampton for the first time, pre-Smith, when I ordered a dirty chai latte at Sam's café. I would like to try it with this addition of ginger- that can definitely give it a special kick and doesn't require anything I don't already have in my kitchen. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete